Wednesday 14 July 2010

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 5 Password Change

I recently changed the Administrator password on my Microsoft Dynamics CRM 5 CTP virtual machine.

When I tried to open CRM I received an "HTTP Error 503 - Service unavailable" error.

The following steps fixed the problem:

1) Update password on relevant Windows Service Accounts
















You need to sort by the "Log On As" column to ensure that all relevant credentials are changed. In my case I needed to update all the Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SQL Server 2008 services with the new password details.

2) Open IIS and update password on CRMAppPool
































































3) Restart Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service

If you get the following error, you need to restart this service:

5 comments:

  1. Forgot regarding Application Pool! Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fixed my problem. I was getting ready to reinstall CRM and repoint SQL Server to it. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete